Custom Synthesis and Integration Capabilities
NanoComposix has a multi-disciplinary team of scientists with backgrounds in chemistry, physics, engineering and earth sciences. We have worked with over a hundred different clients to develop materials, composites and formulations with tailored optical and physical properties for a wide range of applications including medical devices, nanoparticle drug delivery, optical sensors, and consumer products. No two applications or experiments are the same – we can modify our standard products or develop new materials to meet your needs. See our Product Finder for examples of past custom materials we have made, read below for more information, or contact us to begin discussing how we can develop a nanomaterial for your needs.
NanoComposix Customization Capabilities
- Composition: Our scientists have experience synthesizing a wide variety of metals, oxides, semiconductors and polymeric nanomaterials. We can assist with process optimization, scale-up, and ISO/cGMP compliant manufacturing of an existing protocol, or develop new chemistry to create your desired material.
- Size: We stock a wide range of particle sizes, and can fabricate additional sizes on demand. Many of our metal nanoparticles can be fabricated with nanometer control over dimensions up to 200 nm. Polymeric, metal oxide particles and core/shell constructs can be produced with sizes up to 1 µm.
- Surface: Our standard gold and silver nanoparticles have a variety of different anionic and cationic capping ligands available. In addition, we can fabricate nanomaterials with specific functional groups, polymers, biomolecules, and inorganic coatings. Precisely controlled silica coatings can be applied to the majority of our particles.
- Concentration: Need solutions with a high optical density, or concentrated as an additive for composites? We have developed techniques for processing and stabilizing particles at high concentrations. We use UV-visible spectroscopy and ICP-mass spectroscopy to accurately measure material concentration and extinction coefficients.
- Optical Properties: We can tune the absorbance and scattering of materials throughout the visible and infrared spectrum by changing the morphology and composition of the nanomaterials (see our Knowledge Base article on Color Engineering for examples). Additionally, we can incorporate fluorophores for light emission at desired wavelengths or attach reporter molecules to give strong Raman signals.
- Thin Films and Composites: Our control over surface chemistry and particle stabilization allows us to incorporate materials into different water-based or organic resins to form well-dispersed composite materials. We also use a variety of custom-designed equipment for spraying and depositing nanomaterials as uniform thin films onto large substrates and attaching nanoparticles to textile fibers.