Nanoparticles play an important role in a wide range of diagnostic devices and testing methods to increase performance (e.g. sensitivity, speed) or to enable a detection method that would not be possible without nanotechnology.
Nanoparticles for Diagnostic Applications
Plasmonic nanoparticles are extremely strong absorbers and scatters of light and are used in lateral flow diagnostics, surface enhanced spectroscopy, labeling , and color changing sensors. Nanoparticles with electrochemical, magnetic, or fluorescent properties response are also used in many different diagnostic applications.
How We Can Help
At nanoComposix we not only optimize nanoparticles for diagnostic applications but also assist with the integration and engineering challenges of the diagnostic itself. We manufacture lateral flow test strips at a commercial scale and have helped many start-ups integrate different types of nanoparticles into their commercial product.
Products and Information
|Silver Nanospheres||See Products||Learn More|
|Gold Nanospheres||See Products||Learn More|
|Gold Nanoshells||See Products||Learn More|
- Silver nanospheres (SIL1 properties and applications of silver nanoparticles)
- Gold nanospheres (GLD1 properties of gold nanoparticles)
- Gold nanoshells (GLD4 gold nanoshells)
- Silver nanocubes (SIL silver nanocubes)
- Silver nanoplates (SIL silver nanoplates)
- Magnetic nanoparticles (MAG superparamagnetic nanoparticles)
- Core/Shell nanoparticles (CS1)
- Fluorescent particles (BDG4 surface enhanced fluorescent particles)
Want to learn even more? Check out our NCXU courses related to diagnostics:
- BDG: Biodiagnostics
- LFL: Advanced Lateral Flow Diagnostics
- OPO: Optical Properties of Nanoparticles
- NPM: Nanoparticle Manufacturing
For more information on diagnostic particles or applications please contact us.