The second part in a series on how to accurately measure the optical spectra of solutions of nanoparticles using a UV-VIS (UV-Visible) spectroscopy. In this demo, we use an Agilent 8453 spectrophotometer to accurately measure a high concentration solution of nanoComposix's BioPure Silver Nanospheres using an analytical balance.
- Optimal absorbance to take UV-Vis measurements
- Measurement techniques for performing a dilution
- Critical data that needs to be captured in order to accurately perform a quantitative calculation
More information about UV-Vis measurements and Plasmonic materials can be found through the following links:
- Find our Guidelines for UV-Vis Analysis document under our Handbooks.
- Optical Properties of Silver Nanoparticles
- Optical Properties of Gold Nanoparticles
- Intro to Plasmonic Nanomaterials
- Overview of characterization techniques used for measuring nanomaterials
Thanks for watching! Please contact us with feedback and suggestions of what else you'd like to see from us!